⊱ S N C ⊰
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

☂ Sing to the Sky ☁

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lasagna

lasagna

Male Posts : 140

Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:42 pm

So I'm working on a dub of Kokoro Kiseki right now, and I have a rough draft here.

ITEM ONE(1)

I'd love it if people would take a listen and be super picky and critique the shit out of that recording. (Be as caustic as you want. I don't have feelings that can be hurt, ask Ham xD)

Specifically,

- pitch
- rhythms
- pronunciations (accuracy and consistency, e.g. if I pronounce the same thing differently in 2 different spots)
- Any section generally that sound awkward/should be rerecorded
- suggestions on timbre or style are also appreciated.

As far as noise removal, reverb, harmonies etc. I'm going to throw that in later, this is only a rough draft.

ITEM TWO (2)

I want a girl to sing Rin's part in this song! (not Kokoro, just the robot parts)

Spoiler:

If you're interested, do a quick recording (over me or a capella are both fine) for me. You don't have to worry about using autotune or w/e to make yourself sound robotic, we'll hash out all the details further down the road.

At some point down the line I want to put together a Kokoro x Kokoro Kiseki duet, but that's much farther away.

Thanks for all your help! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Legender

Legender

Female Posts : 101
Status : Transcribing music, playing sax, singing, drawing, writing, uhh... Video games

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Yooooooo. Your name makes me HUNGRY. :[

Anyways. So I took a listen, and it's nasally (HEY, I sound pretty nasal-y too Very Happy) but it seems that you got most of the right pitches and pronunciations. At least, nothing that I could find that was off... xD I mean, well. I lied a little. You tend to be a few cents flat/sharp in some places, but it's really close to the correct pitches (I'm not going to list off every point, because I listened to it yesterday and I'm lazy and this computer has no room Very Happy ) I'M NOT GOOD AT CONCRIT BUT I TRIED D:

I'd be willing to take a shot at the duet too, but I don't know this version so well. It's a bit different. And the last "watashi" isn't said in the song, at least that I can hear D:
Back to top Go down
http://wolfehmaster.deviantart.com
Cloudy

Cloudy

Female Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:09 am

*O*
Awesome job Lasagna~~! Even though its a rough draft, it sounds nice so far =w=b~

Hmm, your pronunciation could use a bit of work (althoughIshouldn'tbetalking)
I think after a bit more practice, it'll sound more natural because to me it doesn't sound "smooth" but I think that's just a personal/nitpicky kinda thing.

At certain parts, like Legender said, you are a bit off but since this is a rough draft I understand it's not absolutely perfect ~ I think you should redo more of the last half. I definitely think you can sound a TON better!

Anywhoo~ I might be interested in the part although...I don't know if my voice really suits Rin or not. I'll be sure to upload something sometime this weekend~

Don't count on that orz

Last edited by Cloudy on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Azuranii
lasagna

lasagna

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:59 pm

Yeah the whole nasaly thing has been bugging me, I mean my voice is not normally like that. I think I just don't know how to pronounce certain syllables in japanese and my default "foreign language mode" is french xD which has a ton of nasaly vowels.... I just sang it right now and my "wa" in the first line is ridiculously nasal. I need someone to come on skype and fix this for me <.<;;;
Back to top Go down
hamxham

hamxham

Female Posts : 173

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 1:36 pm

i'd volunteer, but i think you've already heard me out on this issue~ maybe someone else can give some different type of advice ^^

I'd be willing to sing rin, if it's just those few lines~ i'll go record right now, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/hamxham88
lasagna

lasagna

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:53 am

lasagna wrote:

At some point down the line I want to put together a Kokoro x Kokoro Kiseki duet, but that's much farther away.

So there is this competition thing apparently. For Len and Rin duets.
The deadline is 4/4/11 (Monday).

>.>

<.<

Anyone want to sing Kokoro (Rin's song) and enter this comp with me? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (the submission would be kokoro x kokoro kiseki.)
If you do, put up your lines tomorrow by like.... 5 or 6 pm (so we have time to mix)? I can mix if you don't want to but it'd be best if we could meet for some amount of time tomorrow over skype so we can talk a bit about the project.

This will be first come first served! (Or more likely, no one will want to do this on such a short notice //OTL) It's ok if no one wants to, I'm not terribly invested in this (just found out about it 5 mins ago).
Back to top Go down
Legender

Legender

Female Posts : 101
Status : Transcribing music, playing sax, singing, drawing, writing, uhh... Video games

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:12 pm

;kasjdf! There's no way I could record in time. That's okay though because I can't sing Kokoro well to save my life orz I do hope you find a partner though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://wolfehmaster.deviantart.com
hamxham

hamxham

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:15 pm

>.>

<.<

i wish i could lol.... OTL

mm.... i'm sure someone out there already has it recorded, though people may not keep their vocals seperately...

//loli'mnothelping.
Back to top Go down
Sai

Sai

Female Posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Maybe I could help you (Kokoro is an easy song for me to sing 8D), but I don't know if I'll be able to record it for today OTL

//isnothelpingeither

//shot
Back to top Go down
hamxham

hamxham

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:16 pm

well, the deadline is tomorrow, but...

if sai records it tonight/tomorrow morning? XD you guys might be able to make it ^^

i can offer to help with mixing (i think it's allowed, right?) though i wouldn't be able to do much with it because of school and stuff tomorrow >w<''

psst, sai. get on skype <3
Back to top Go down
Cloudy

Cloudy

Female Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:56 am

ORZ
I wish I could help but.....

//is currently far away from home and her dear dear mic owo

//is not helping eitherrrrr :'D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Azuranii
Sai

Sai

Female Posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:20 am

Don't worry Cloudy, i already recorded Kokoro 8'D
Back to top Go down
lasagna

lasagna

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:20 am

derp you should have told me you were going to do this! It sounded like no one confirmed so I didn't record anything today. I could maybe record something now but I have to be on campus like 9-7 tomorrow and no where to record on campus. <.<

EDIT ok I ninja'd something (it is terrible, really) at www.math.ucsd.edu/~b2chen/singing/kiseki-superrough.mp3
Hopefully it is something workable; let me know what I need to rerecord and I'll see if I can do something during the day.
Or you can say "this is garbage, not workable at all" which is also fine, promise I have no feelings that can be hurt.

Or if you don't want to put in the effort to do this, that is fine too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!   Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kokoro Kiseki - Rough draft help / Cameo opportunity!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
⊱ S N C ⊰  :: ✰ Duets & Choruses ✰-
Jump to: