⊱ S N C ⊰
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

☂ Sing to the Sky ☁

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED

Go down 
+4
Legender
Sai
ShinigamiDanna
hamxham
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hamxham

hamxham

Female Posts : 173

Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED Empty
PostSubject: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:49 am

FINAL UPDATE: As many of you have already noticed, this project is moving no where.

We have not been able to contact most of the singers in the chorus as some have not responded to emails and PM's from us. (We don't even have Miono's YT account orz) Lines were never completed or sent in and the project has just...died.

In any case, SNC has decided to close this project. We are very sorry to all those who took the time to audition and those who were looking forward to a completed project from us. We just cannot make a chorus if not all the members cooperate and especially if lines are not sent in on time.

Sincerely, SNC

Spoiler:

Last edited by hamxham on Sat May 14, 2011 4:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/hamxham88
ShinigamiDanna

Female Posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:23 am

Congrats to all the people who got in Very Happy

And all the auditions were extraordinarily good @_@ I was awestruck when listening to them xD
I can't believe I got in xD Thank you~~

I'll do my best to sound good~
Back to top Go down
Sai

Sai

Female Posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:20 am

LE GASP!

*faints*
Back to top Go down
Legender

Legender

Female Posts : 101
Status : Transcribing music, playing sax, singing, drawing, writing, uhh... Video games

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Ahh, the audio in the video is so pretty >.<''

Congrats everyone who made it in! Very Happy I can't wait to hear the full thing. It'd better sound better than the winner's video's music. >D
Back to top Go down
http://wolfehmaster.deviantart.com
lasagna

lasagna

Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:29 pm

hamxham wrote:

//orz it's 3:48 in the morning i really need to get some sleep >w<;;[b]

Man when I went to bed at 3:20 I was like, "hammeh lies, she said she was going to post it tonight but she's probably sleeping already." WRONG

Anyway....

*goes to listen to Rai's dub of rainstop on repeat for the next 2 weeks*
Back to top Go down
NetCeer

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Gratz to everyone who got in! I'm pretty sure that the final product will be amazing =)
Back to top Go down
ninkitsu

ninkitsu

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:34 pm

Is there any possibility we could push the deadline back just one day (i.e. to the 17th)? My senior thesis is due the 15th so I anticipate being pretty zombified for the 24 or so hours after that.... >.>

I really will try to record before that, but I have to give a talk to admitted students this weekend and take an unlimited time exam on top of all my usual workload, so I would just feel more secure if I could have that extra day.

Sorry for the inconvenience...
Back to top Go down
Cloudy

Cloudy

Female Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:30 pm

ninkitsu wrote:
Is there any possibility we could push the deadline back just one day (i.e. to the 17th)? My senior thesis is due the 15th so I anticipate being pretty zombified for the 24 or so hours after that.... >.>

I really will try to record before that, but I have to give a talk to admitted students this weekend and take an unlimited time exam on top of all my usual workload, so I would just feel more secure if I could have that extra day.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Suresure~ It's no problem! One day isn't going to kill anyone ^^
Although if you said something like a week...that would be a problem ><
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Azuranii
hamxham

hamxham

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:02 am

hey all~ actually, i changed the due date to April 20. I figure that with all the other projects still going (durp, pray for, and blue bird) I won't be able to start mixing right away anyways. Hopefully this works better for ninkitsu as well, because (at least for me) 1 day isn't always enough to produce a quality recording and i don't want to rush you guys. i hope cloudy doesn't mind~ (:
Back to top Go down
Cloudy

Cloudy

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:23 am

hamxham wrote:
hey all~ actually, i changed the due date to April 20. I figure that with all the other projects still going (durp, pray for, and blue bird) I won't be able to start mixing right away anyways. Hopefully this works better for ninkitsu as well, because (at least for me) 1 day isn't always enough to produce a quality recording and i don't want to rush you guys. i hope cloudy doesn't mind~ (:

Ahaha, I don't mind at all~
I've been so busy lately I'm just like...ASIDAJSDIAJSFAJFOAJSFJSF ><
So an even later deadline.... OAOb~
Back to top Go down
lasagna

lasagna

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:57 pm

hamxham wrote:
*EDIT: IMPORTANT!!* Please, on your final recording, try to stray AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE from miku's original. Adding in little "extra stuff" may sound awesome individually, but in a chorus, it gets pretty messy. I will upload a sample later, but for the time being, I need to get my sleep |'D

Might be just stupid but I can't find an original Miku recording anywhere. HALP?

EDIT: DURRRRR the original audition video had the whole thing. But there wasn't an mp3 download anywhere, so I took the liberty of making a copy here.

I want to point out that Ham's point about staying close to miku's original is very important because (solo) fandubs like to stretch lots of syllables and scoop a bunch, especially on this song. OMG so many ad libs. I can't imagine that 10 different sets of timing/rhythms would be fun to work through xD
Back to top Go down
Cloudy

Cloudy

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:26 pm

lasagna wrote:

Might be just stupid but I can't find an original Miku recording anywhere. HALP?

EDIT: DURRRRR the original audition video had the whole thing. But there wasn't an mp3 download anywhere, so I took the liberty of making a copy here.

ORZ
Forgot to add the original
Thanks |D
Back to top Go down
hamxham

hamxham

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:23 pm

...changed the deadline again >.>

//off to go mix pray for and blue bird OTL

...btw. anyone know if miono saw this/know how to contact her? owo
Back to top Go down
lasagna

lasagna

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm

is miono on the forums? How did she submit audition?
Anyway, ya AP season is really busy, gl to both you and cloudy (andeveryoneelseinhighschool) so take your time, and do a good job! (^__^)b
Back to top Go down
lasagna

lasagna

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:39 am

OMG FIRST?!?!?!?!

http://math.ucsd.edu/~b2chen/singing/rainstop-lasagna-mainlines.mp3

again, I'm happy to redo any parts you want me to (including the whole thing xD)

That final note.... so hard to sing in tune T_____T (being a bass, I'm not used to singing anything other than the root of a chord xD)

Last edited by lasagna on Wed May 11, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hamxham

hamxham

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:37 pm

oh yay! i'll listen them over later today or something like that~

and that reminds me. it'd be nice if we could start turning in our lines around this time~ would two weeks be enough for everyone? may 27th will be the due date for now; please tell me if you have trouble with it.

since AP's are pretty much over now, i'll be spending some time to finish up blue bird as well as pray for (sorry for like the... 2 month delay ;w;) i can't say for cloudy, but i'm pretty sure her time will free up a bit too, so... yeah. thanks for putting up with us, haha (:
Back to top Go down
ninkitsu

ninkitsu

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about this... my mic is being uncooperative at the moment (making popping noises at random intervals), but assuming I can get it to behave I'll have my lines in soon.
Back to top Go down
hamxham

hamxham

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptySat May 28, 2011 1:07 am

that's fine!

hmmm... i wonder if people saw this thread D:
Back to top Go down
lasagna

lasagna

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptySat May 28, 2011 5:16 am

you should harass people via email/youtube D:
Back to top Go down
Sai

Sai

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:04 pm

I've been trying to upload my lines to MF, MU and 4shared and all of them say the file is corrupted. I've also tried to export them again, but i still have that problem : |

...I'll have to record everything tonight again ||orz
Back to top Go down
hamxham

hamxham

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:36 pm

D:

you can skype them to me, if that works.
Back to top Go down
Sai

Sai

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:16 am

http://www.4shared.com/audio/cy2xfLDi/RAIN.html

OTL
Back to top Go down
Cloudy

Cloudy

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:13 pm

Ohheylook! A deadline I knew nothing about until now xDD
//I'm such a terrible co-chorus leader :'D

WELL. I shall go record now. xD
Back to top Go down
hamxham

hamxham

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:11 pm

HNNG sorry i didn't discuss this with you first cloudy!! .______.

um no rush on this~ i just realized i'm still super stressed out about finals (next week) so.... i really won't work on this until summer vacation starts >w<
Back to top Go down
Cloudy

Cloudy

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:42 am

Please check the main thread on the first page for an important update.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED   Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED Empty

Back to top Go down

Rain Stops, Goodbye Winners! //DROPPED
Page 1 of 1